Well the boys are actually almost 7th months old. I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. They are spending so much more time awake now. Keeping them entertained is fun at times. All toys are made for singletons, as they should because I’m sure it is far safer. The only thing is well all these toys are crowding our house. Here are some things we are doing to keep the clutter down in our place during the rein of baby toys.
- Just because you have 2 babies does not mean you need two of everything.
- Tummy time mats that are round can hold two babies nicely, until they start to roll.
- Use a door way or alcove to store toys while not in use. We have our front door blocked off to store things, in the winter months we don’t use it anyways. Just make sure to let visitors know to use an alternate door if needed.
- Quilts and a few toys make a great play space for several babies at the same time, lots of rolling space.
- Borrow activity centres from friends and family. Keep it for a little bit then send it back and borrow something new. Or swap toys you have with friends who have different ones and kids of a similar age. It allows variety with out the clutter.
- Have an easily portable play item handy for room relocations. Mom needs a change of scenery too. Quilts and toys are my favorite for this change.
- Buy a play yard gate, they are roomier than a play pen. We plan to set ours up once the crawling begins to keep the boys in one location and the girls toys safe from small hands. This will also work good for outdoors.
- Don’t buy your babies toys. We have been given so many and because their are two we get double the stuff. I bought them plates and cups for Christmas.
- Remember the activity centre/bouncer stage is just that. Soon they will be gone and you’ll have more space.
I’m loving how active our boys are, I cannot believe how quickly they have grown and how fast this has reached us.
From our Happy Family to Yours.