Ok so I always get in to clean and organizing mode after Christmas, trying to put away everything that we’ve just gotten. I think next year I’m going to start in November and buy a few containers and boxes so things can go right away once they get out of the boxes. With that I’ve got 5 ways to easily organize your home a little or at least make it feel a little less overwhelming after the holidays.
- Clean your kitchen – I know it sounds like a lot but commit and clean it. Wash all your dishes, counters and put away your clutter. I always feel better with a clean kitchen. I always clean up once the kids are in bed. I like waking up with a clean kitchen. It will boost your spirits.
- Clean out your old medicines. I know it sounds weird but do it, take them to the pharmacy the next time you go grocery shopping. You may be surprised at how much space you clear up getting rid of them.
- Clear your counters/showers and dressers of any soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc. that you are not using. Find a bin and put them in your closet or under your sink. Pull them out as you need them. You’ll enjoy the extra space around those areas. Clutter breeds clutter. Clean it up.
- Clean your fridge off. Pictures, calendars, photos, whatever. Clean it off wipe it down and start fresh or put a small amount back up. I started sticking all my extra magnets on the side of the fridge you cannot see. If I need them they are there.
- Lastly take three boxes room to room and fill one with garbage, donations and one to give away to friends (like clothes their child may fit, books they may read) etc. Again clearing the clutter is good and feels good.
All of those things can be done one night a week and then you are done. Easy! You will feel better and have a cleaner home and a little less clutter.