So here I am again, sitting in front of my computer (which I rarely touch anymore) and typing out a post. For months now I’ve been tempted and even tried to put a post together. I miss writing, it is a release for me but since I found out about my PPD I’ve been having a hard time just being me and avoiding somethings. So what possibly brings me back? A few things, and who knows maybe I’ll post this and avoid again. Mainly I got on here to look over a research the blog format a little, some friends of mine and I are putting together something, I miss typing my thoughts and feelings about being a mom out, and a few months back when I was playing with my Blackberry Playbook I downloaded the wordpress app and logged in thinking I would find my blog stale and untouched only to find that I have been getting regular and large amounts of hits still without posting. It made me feel loved and interesting.
I hope to post again, it may not be as often as I want or used to. But I really want to try at least. 2012 is over and 2013 has been getting off on the right foot. My life hasn’t gotten any slower (are you kidding the boys are over 2 now and seem to function on some sort of high setting all the time), but I have had a few things improve and make it better.
Here are some of the things that have kept me going and improved life for us.
- Renovations: Yes at the time it was intense and sucked but the pay off has been well worth it! We now all 6 of us enjoy living in our 2000 sq ft fully finished home. We have a playroom for the kids and their toys. It freed up a lot of space in other areas of our home. I also now have an amazing and functional kitchen! I am able to store things in a more organized fashion. Things I did to keep it easy for us here for renovations, meal planned (as always), I made sure we had lots of crockpot and BBQ meals during the kitchen renovation. We did lots of things outside of the house to keep out of the way, or if we were inside we watched ALOT of Cars.
- Meal Planning: As mentioned above, I have now been planning meals one month at a time now for over a year and I love it. My life would be chaotic without it. I’ve eliminated the “What’s for Dinner” dilemma. We don’t eat the same thing all the time, except I make sure to have our favorites once or twice a month. I get to try all those new recipes I pin or read about. I always know what to shop for. We are never bored of our meals. I can easily swap nights around if I have to and if something comes up and we don’t do the planned meal, I have it for next month.
- My parents bought Diana a bus pass. Ok so maybe walking every day with 3 kids in tow was a bit much and as soon as it got cold the van was started. So when I mentioned to my mom that I was thinking about picking up a pass for Diana they jumped at the chance to help out and offered to pay for it. Once the weather warms up in the late spring we may walk to pick her up again. But now I’m not scrambling around to get all 4 kids out the door in a timely fashion and working my body like crazy pulling 100lbs in a wagon (Amy is not a fan of walking). I miss it dearly but the added time to my day helped me out a great deal.
- I started talking to a Psychologist, which lead me to a group for Moms with PPD or Mood Disorder (that is where I fall). Just talking to other moms who know how you feel and are strangers (but very nice ones) is a big help. I’m learning to listen more too during this process. I really enjoy it, and find this is really helping me.
- I am working on me time. Little bits at a time I am now able to do more for myself. With out being overly active in Girl Guides right now I have a little time to do the things I didn’t get to before. Go to the movies with friends, go shopping for me, paint pottery, and other fun things. I’ve been spending more time with friends and really enjoying getting to know newer friends and friends I’ve known for awhile. We did a camping/road/geocaching trip with friends in the summer, we have spent more time having casual dinners with our friends and parties too.
2012 was a crazy year, but it was a lot of fun too. So far in 2013 I’m working on organizing what I can of the house since the renovations ended days before Christmas, and just making the most of what life brings me. Our kids are getting to a very fun and active stage in life and I don’t want to miss out on it.
I hope you have missed me, I have missed writing all of you and do hope I can try to get this going again this year.